Thursday, March 7, 2013

By The Way...'You're Blushing'

I'll be snapping out of these greyed, wintery pastels soon!  Before I do, I wanted to show you this combination of polishes that you can still easily find.  This is Orly's You're Blushing and I topped it with OPI's  Pirouette My Whistle.  We all know I love those greyed lavenders, but I love this one because most of the ones I own are blue undertoned and (to me) this has a red undertone.  I think it results in the polish leaning more to the lavender on me than grey, unlike some of the other lavenders of this type.


You're Blushing was part of Orly's Cool Romance collection in Spring 2012 but recently, after Orly updated their bottles, Sally's Beauty included this in their core line. It applied very easily and the pictures are two coats.  I love the name of it too, because it evokes that first stage of a spring fling when everything is new and you melt over every sweet thing they say.  I'm a romantic...it's not a surprise. 

Pirouette My Whistle was part of OPI's NYC Ballet Collection also in 2012, but is still at Ulta in their core line.  I just love how soft and subtle this glitter is!  I initially got the mini collection and loved Pirouette My Whistle so much I had to have a full size bottle!  The 'larger' glitters are sparse and I had to fish a few out of the mini bottle, so this is two coats also.


  
Thank you for stopping by and for the support so far, it means so much to us!  Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. I love sparkles on subtle colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a versatile glitter...you can use it on anything!

      Delete
  2. This is so delicate and pretty. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just wait until you see another glitter I have to show...I'm in love!

      Delete
  3. I adore this blog, this idea, so sweet, and this polish you are swatching here. I am subbed and will follow with pleasure. The only missing thing is a post about you and a pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Haha, we'll have to do that! :)

      Delete
  4. OPI NYC Ballet is hands down my favorite collection to date and I own all of them, lolol ;) This duo is just beautiful and Cool Romance is perfect on you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this lacquer's base, antique pink. It looks great with sparkles too. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete