Sunday, August 31, 2014

BEGL - One Gray-t Year and Fare the Wind Matted

Hello again my polished readers! Today I have a fun mani for you featuring more of one of my favorite indie brands: Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquers. This is the beautiful One Gray-t Year, an LE polish created to celebrate the 1st anniversary of Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquers, with an accent of Fare the Wind.


One Gray-t Year is a gray matte polish with rainbow micro-flakies. I love the matte look on this one! I wish I could have captured the flakies better though! I also topped Fare the Wind with NYC Matte topcoat and I really loved the look this gave me. I have never mattified a holo before, but I think this will be something I continue to experiment with. I also like the way they feel, if that makes sense?

My hydrangeas are just starting to bloom again so I needed a flower pic with it too!

A bit closer, you can sort-of see a few flakes on my pointer from the sun reflection.
The poor cleanup around my pinky is kind of a funny story. As some of you might guess, I try and polish my nails when my little one is napping and usually I'm also doing something else since I love to multitask my "free time". So I was chatting on Facebook, looking at Instagram and also trying to create this manicure at the same time. FAIL. I was balancing my polish on my phone, it vibrated, scared me and I grabbed the cap of One Gray-t Year and it was loose! I flung polish all over my phone and the arm of my couch. After that I was a bit shaky, so when I went to polish my pinky's second coat, I squished polish into my cuticles. This is the best I could do. I hope it doesn't scare any of you away knowing I am human and I make mistakes. If nothing else, I hope you got a little laugh from that story!

What do you think of the matte look? Love it or leave it?

6 comments:

  1. Dude! I love this! And I never would've noticed your pinkie ;) Hope you were able to get the polish off of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Fare the Wind looks so good in matte! Every time I've tried to matte a holo I just suck the life out of it. Also, I love the flowers as props, especially that big bloom. Big wide flowers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacie! I was hesitant to try it but sure glad I did! Glad you like the flower - my hubby wanted to cut that one down! The nerve!

      Delete
  3. I have One Gray-t Year but it's still an untried! I don't have Fare the Wind, but I really like the idea of using an accent nail with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lot obsessed with FTW - Julies purples are my favorite! :) If you ever see it, I recommend snatching it up :)

      Delete
  4. I just got One Grey-t Year second hand and I cant wait to try it. I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete